Victory Restoration

Phone: (234) 249-2006 (Disconnected)

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

11/21/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Have paid for new roof over 3 months ago and have not been contacted yet
We have paid for the a new roof and have not been contacted or scheduled for installation.

We have not been contacted or scheduled for a new roof.

Our service was rendered yesterday and I am now satisfied. I want to take this claim back and not file it.

09/18/2014Problems with Product / Service
02/19/2014Advertising / Sales Issues
01/12/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

After 44 days we are still waiting for our siding on our house to be complete. During the process they have damaged our roof and left us with a mess.
The issue started when they delivered material to our home and their delivery truck leaked oil at the end of our driveway. After 44 days we still have oil at the end of our driveway. They began the project at our home on approximately September 8th. We were at work during the time the contractor was at our home working. When I got home from work I observed the first few days a few mistakes along the way. For example they were not placing fanfold in all areas, taping seams, attaching j-channel, or using starter strip. Throughout the course of the week I was in contact with *********** the Project Manager about these issues I was having. On Friday, September 12th when I got home from work the house was not waterproofed to protect it from the storms for the weekend. I contacted **** and informed him that this was unacceptable and at that time he said they would come out and fix it for the weekend. They came at 7:00 pm with ********** and the installer. At this time we discussed separating from the project from this company due to my displeasure with their service thus far. They assured me that these things would be addressed and fixed throughout the course of the rest of the project. On September 16th they resumed work on our home. During the course of this time they were careless in many instances damaging other parts of our home. For example they ripped out two cable lines, an internet line, and a telephone line. On September 19th I observed them using painters tape on the fanfold vs. tyvek tape. On September 23rd I met with the insurance agent ********* to discuss my displeasure with the service of this company and the status of the project. When we noticed that when they installed their pump jacks for the scaffolding they screwed them into my shingles on my roof damaging 20 shingles. I contacted **** at this time via email and he said he would send a roofer out to repair. Throughout the course of this time the contractor had not returned to finish the project. **** contacted me to come out and do a walk through to see what was left to be complete. We were waiting for the door surround to arrive before he came to finish the rest. **** came we walked and made a list. On September 29th the installer came out to start the list that i made with **** and he never finished. On September 30th I was notified by **** that the contractor was removed from the job and they would send a new contractor. On October 3rd I was told a new contractor would be out to walk the list to discuss. No one came to walk but an installer showed up on October 7th to start work. They worked a few partial days and called on the 10th to inform me they were installing the new header and it came with the wrong top piece. I told them to go ahead and install it. I came home to it being installed incorrectly, my front door wouldn't close, they didn't finish installing it, they left it open. I called **** to inform him that they were fired from this job.
On Saturday morning ********** came to my home to discuss this with me. I explained to him that they had their chance to make this right and they had ruined those chances. I explained to them that I will be hiring a new contractor to quote the unfinished work they didn't complete. *** informed me that I was on notice for the rest of my bill.

My resolution would be to be finished with this company and be able to hire a new contractor to finish the job.

I would also like everyone to know the poor customer service and poor craftsmanship of their work they provide. This has been an absolutely horrible experience for my family and I wish this on no one.

I will pay him the balance of his material, but I will not pay him anymore for his labor. I need to pay another contractor to finish this work.

This has been going on since August 27th when the material was delivered to my home and my driveway was damaged. I am now with holes in my roof, plastic on my front door, exposed wires on the back deck, j-channel not finished, and a deck refastened unsafely.

This company needs to be held accountable for their poor work they have done on my home and the ringer I have been put through to get it done. I want this settled as soon as possible.

Victory Restoration has worked to satisfy Mr. ****** at each step of the insurance claim process. From the initial settlement which was insufficient to properly make repairs, Victory Restoration added the value to negotiate up the claim settlement and position Mr. ****** to completely replace the siding on his home. Next, Mr. ****** attempted to under bid Victory Restoration, an effort to breach the contract. Victory Restoration made several meetings with Mr. ****** in order to understand his position and best meet his needs. Upon successfully planning his project, Victory Restoration received a deposit for the project and began work within a week. During the delivery process for the materials, *************'s truck leaked hydraulic fluid. Three separate cleanings were performed in order to mitigate stains and hazards: the concrete has been slightly discolored from the detergents and agents used to remove oil & this must be what Mr. ******'s current complaint is regarding for the "oil on driveway." Direct construction work to the siding was performed with acceptable best practices and installation procedures per manufacturer requirements. Mr. ****** developed a series of changes to the trims and flashings as the project moved along, and Mr. ****** regularly would stop the crew and their progress to complain about their methods to perform the work. Victory Restoration continually worked to understand Mr. ******'s requests and complaints and bring resolution to these as they were presented. One example was that Mr. ****** accused Victory Restoration of not taping the joints of the siding underlayment & Victory Restoration removed approximately 100sf of the installed siding system to reveal that all joints were taped according to the work scope. On this occasion, Mr. ****** threw Victory Restoration off the job, since we proved that we had installed the siding properly and according to scope - Victory Restoration was troubled as we had simply done what we were supposed to do. As the project continued on, Mr. ****** grew increasingly critical and regularly tried to interject change requests to the project. Victory Restoration continually worked to understand Mr. ******'s requests and complaints and bring resolution to these as they were presented - this process was repeated regularly. Victory Restoration had completed 97% of the work scope (all siding installed, and detail work remained to tighten up the final pieces of the project), and Mr. ****** then demanded a different crew to be assigned to his project. Victory Restoration worked to accommodate this request, and satisfied the request by assigning a different worker to complete the "button up" work. With less than 4 man hours left to complete the 'button up' of the project, Mr. ****** threw the worker off the job and demanded for Victory Restoration to stop all work. Victory Restoration honored this request, and informed Mr. ****** that he owes the balance of the work completed.

First let me say I'm impressed with their timely response. As the original contract stated, white outside corners and white light blocks. The installer installed white j-channel around the windows and along the fascia as well as white electrical blocks and dryer vents. They stuck out like a sore thumb. That delay was less than an hour because I was fed up at that point and just wanted the job done. The only change order that was signed was for the back deck. More proof of breech of contract was discovered when the front door was being buttoned up from Victorys hack of an installer. The fan fold was never taped and the ground wire on the light fixture was wrapped around the bolt that holds the fixture on. I'm pretty sure that's not code. The fact of the matter is I know this job was not done properly nor was it completed because of their installers lack of attention to detail and lack of job knowledge. There was more than four hours left on the job. As I stated in the original complaint, I will not pay for labor on this job and contemplating a full refund and they can come and pick up the material. This is my home where I raise my family and have to live with knowing it's not right nor meets my expectations. It is up to me to fix properly so we can live with it. That will entail more of my time,money and labor. If this company was worried about a quality product and not looking to make a fast buck and being a storm chaser, there would of been no problems. Not once has Victory apologized for any wrong doings and just said they would fix it, which they never did. Holes in the roof, two cable lines an internet cable and a telephone line were ripped out, fan fold not being installed properly, deck attached incorrectly, front door surround installed incorrectly, storm door wouldn't open or close, light fixtures not grounded properly, fan fold taped with blue painters tape, multiple holes from shutters being installed in wrong location with nothing sealing from elements.... The list goes on. The repairs have already been started on my home and will be finished as weather permits. I have more than enough picture documentation, letters from the manufacturers on the deck and front door surround improper installation that proves all of my points. We are done with Victory and trying to clean up their mess.

05/27/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I signed a contract for a new roof on 12/4/13, I also gave Victory Restoration Representative (******) $3,400.00 as of today no new roof
Again I entered into a contract with Victory Restoration on 12/4/13 for a new roof, I was informed by Victory Restoration's Representative (******) on 12/4/13 that it would be 6 to 8 weeks before my new roof would be installed, and I also gave Victory Restoration's Representative (******) $3,400.00 as down payment, I was informed by Victory Restoration in February 2014 the Mr * was no longer working for Victory Restoration, I received a phone call from Victory Restoration's President (***********) at the end of March 2014 and informed that my new roof would be installed by 4/11/14. I called Victory Restoration 4/11/14, and left a voice msg, informing that my roof has not yet been installed, and the company Vice President called me back and told me that Mr ****** should not have given an exact date for my roof install and stated that he does not my record in front of him, however, he thinks that my roof will be installed the week after EASTER

I want my $3,400.00 down payment back

On 4-11-2014 **********, Victory Restoration, had phone conversation with customer & customer agreed that original expectation set for a 4-11-14 date of installation was tentative based on weather conditions, & understood from this conversation that install date had been pushed back to either the week of 4-21 or week of 4-28. Customer was satisfied with this.

Regular communication with customer was attempted throughout the winter months (18 phone calls to customer, January - April), as the home exterior project could not be completed until the harsh weather conditions improved. Customer answered 2 of 18 phone calls. Victory Restoration has fully satisfied the work for this project, and was completed with full agreement to the customer. Immediately following the BBB complaint lodged by customer, Victory Restoration received apology from customer. Victory diligently worked to satisfy customer every step of the way, and customer admitted fault in the non-communication issues.

Some clarification of details in response to the customer's complaint: The original phone call that was referenced by the customer was with *********, not************. ********* was not the president or vice president of the company. The 4-11-2014 phone call with customer: with ********** & customer.

Victory has included phone conversations recorded from 4-11-14 & 4-19-14, to help with further understanding the predicament of the customer's contradicting complaint.

Files Attached: 4-11 & 4-19 phone calls, 7 total. ************************************ which is the log of weekly phone calls.

01/05/2015Problems with Product / Service
12/08/2014Problems with Product / Service
02/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Victory was to replace siding, gutters, downspouts,and a roof window, and repair some roof damage. Work was started but hasn't been completed.

We contracted with Victory Restoration on 8/5/14 to replace siding, downspouts, gutters, and a roof window, and to repair damages to our roof. We received a settlement from our insurance company on 8/14/14 and endorsed a check for $4499.03 to Victory on that day. The check was to cover cost of materials. The remaining amount of the settlement would be paid upon completion. We were assured that the project would be completed by the end of September 2014.
After delays and unsuccessful negotiations between Victory and our insurance company for additional coverage, materials were ordered, and work began on the project on 10/28/14.
On most days only one person has done any work. On many days no one has done any work. Occasionally another worker has helped.
As of today,11/27/14, the project is not complete. No one has worked in the past two weeks. Siding has been replaced completely on ONE side of the house. Siding is partially complete on other sides. Some old siding has not be removed or is partially torn off and flapping in the wind. Lights have been removed and not replaced. Several places where siding has been removed are bare and exposed to the weather.
Downspouts and some gutters are removed. None have been replaced, creating additional exposure to the weather.
During the past 2 weeks we have made numerous attempts to contact Victory, first through phone calls with no answers. We have left messages on voice mail for the service department and on the personal line of the project manager.
At 1:00 pm on Tuesday, 11/25/14, we went in person to the offices of Victory Restoration. The doors were locked and no one was present.

Complete the job immediately! It's the end of November. We must get the repairs done before any additional damage is done due to bad weather.
If Victory cannot complete the job immediately, release us from the contract to hire a different contractor.

02/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Insufficient funds on the refund check
After giving them the money in April, they never called me to let me know when they are going to do the job. After 6 months i finally asked for a refund which they did not give for another month. I deposited the check and after 3 days I received a notice that the check had insufficient funds. So they still owe me the original amount of $1140.69 plus $12.00 fee i paid the bank for a returned check.

I am asking for a refund of the original amount, $1140.60 plus a check returned fee i had to pay the bank, $12.00

Roofing Contractors, Siding Contractors, Contractors - General