A Ki Restoration, LLC

14 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 14 closed in last 12 months

07/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Contractor was contacted by my husband after a couple weeks set up meeting with insurance adjuster. Contractor no showed on us and adjustor 2 times.
A Ki had done a roof in my neighborhood and we were looking for a new roof so I contacted this company. They never returned my inquiry so I had my husband contact them via e-mail again and this was over 3 months ago. Contractor did come out and at this time informed us how it worked that they would submit claim to our insurance company we were planning on paying for. A new roof, but he said we may not have too. A couple weeks later my husband said insurance adjustor and contractor were coming out. Liberty mutual adjustor showed up, but the contractor never did after about a half an hour my husband called he said he put down the wrong date. So the adjustor turned in his information stating we did need repairs, just not a whole roof. When my husband called contractor back he insisted that if he was there it would have gone differently. The contractor then called the adjustor and left a somewhat unprofessional voicemail, stating that he did not know what he was doing. Over a month and. A half lat after I continually bugged my husband to Get a hold of A Ki another meeting was set up for this past Sunday. Insurance adjustor showed up promptly at 11 and contractor was no where to be found. My husband had even sent him a reminder e-mail earlier in the morning and never got a response. Contractor did not show up again. When my husband called he stated he had a family emergency and my husband stated we would not be using their company. I called office number 5-29-13 to state my frustration with the service and the lack of respect for ours and the insurance adjusters time. **** the contractor called me back and was very short, I examined that I had not called to speak with him, since I had his cell number and that is not what I had called. I simply wanted to let the company know how their customers were being treated. I am 6 months pregnant and wanted to get. A new roof before our baby arrived we started with plenty of time now this one contractor has cost us valuable time that we can not get back. I don't know if anything can be done or should be, but I definitely felt strongly that my voice should be heard. Since the company is not concerned with customer service i had to go this route. Thank you for your time
**********

Sent: Wed, Jul 3, 2013 7:02:20 PM

A KI Restoration is a locally owned and operated business with wonderful customer service. We strive to be the best in every aspect of what we do for our customers. The estimator referenced ****, did unfortunately write down the wrong date for the first appointment with this customer. However, we are an honest Christian based company so he told them the truth that he had made a mistake and got the date wrong. Because we care about our customers he felt strongly that he could change the outcome of the situation with the insurance adjuster had he been present. So **** suggested that they reschedule the appointment. He then called the adjuster to try to speak with him and point out all the obvious damage areas and roof replacement laws relevant to this particular homeowner. He was very concerned about the insurance adjuster doing the right thing and treating these homeowners fairly. No harsh or disrespectful words were exchanged at any time, we conduct ourselves in a very respectful and professional manner. When the second insurance adjuster came out **** did have a medical emergency with one of his small daughters and again told the homeowner why he was not present. At this point he could sense the homeowners frustration and obviously we wanted to make it right. So we chose to release the homeowner from the contract they signed agreeing to work exclusively with our company. **** apologized to them and gave them detailed information about exactly what they would need to do to get their home approved for replacement. We have a very proactive and responsive team here at A Ki Restoration and we did all that we could to pacify and correct the situation to make these homeowners comfortable. Almost every employee at our company has a family and is very conscientious of our homeowners busy lives. We do what we do to try to lessen the financial and mental burden of getting a new roof especially when it's sustained storm damage. A Ki Restoration would like to offer a formal and sincere apology once more to these homeowners. We will always strive to build strong and lasting relationships with our community. Thank you.

10/08/2013Problems with Product / Service
06/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: AKi Failed to complete contracted roofing job.
Left me without agreed complete roof, took deductible and 1st half payment for job and never produced.
Aki rep *********** inspected roof along with my Insurance agent **************** in end of August 2013.
****** issued check for 3743.03 and my $500 deductible in September 2013. then Aki never would schedule the date for install. I called and spoke to the office rep 2 times to coordinate shingle color, set up color in October, but then they would not call back to schedule installation, they said it would be 1st thing in spring to install.
1 month later (January 2014) Another company called me to let me know they would complete the install. (Quicksilver restoration). after repeated calls I went to the address, they are closed up too.

06/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage

Complaint: A KI RESTORATION REPLACED OUR ROOF IN JANUARY 2013. NOW OUR ROOF LEAKS.
A KI RESTORATION REPLACED OUR ROOF IN JANUARY 2012. OVER THE PAST WINTER WE HAVE HAD LEAKS IN OUR LIVING ROOM IN 6 DIFFERENT SPOTS. WHEN WE HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THEM THE PHONE NUMBER IS NO LONGER CONNECTED.

03/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

Complaint: compete roof replacement due to storm damage on our property remains uncompleted. Total settlement demand $5388.52.
A contract was signed with AKI Restoration for a compete roof replacement due to storm damage on our property at ****************, ***********. A Claim was filed with our homeowner's insurance and on 10/10/2013 check #**** in the amount of $5388.52 was made payable to Aki Restoration. The check was cashed and cleared our bank on 10/15/13. The roof job was to be completed no later than March 18, 2014. Since the date of the contract which was signed in October we have not heard from AKI Restoration and the roof job remains uncompleted.

12/02/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Delayed completion of repair

Complaint: Salesman *** cut a piece of aluminum siding from my house to use as a "matching" sample for new siding. It was never repaired.
AKI was to replace the siding on my house. They cut a piece of aluminum siding from my house to use as a sample to match for newer siding. The estimate for replacing the siding was never turned into my insurance company. The salesman promised it would be repaired when the siding was replaced. Now I have a large hole in my siding.

11/25/2013Problems with Product / Service

Roofing Contractors, Gutters & Downspouts, Siding Contractors, Doors, Windows, Fire & Water Damage Restoration, Garage Doors & Openers