BBB Accredited Business since 07/17/1998

TNT Exterminating Company

09/05/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

not punctual and not informative on issues I had with company.

I had questions regarding the extermination of mosquitoes in our area. The lady I spoke with was a technician or secretary I believe. She told me during our conversation that she did not have time to discuss my questions about the mosquito spray they use and also said the manager would call me back, which he never did.

Since the spray did not work, I would like a refund for the application that was used on July 22nd or another application put on to minimize the mosquitos in our area.

I just found your email in my spam box, so sorry for the delay.

We provide application for mosquito reduction in two neighborhoods (approximately 125 homes) south of the city of *******, Ohio. We proposed treatments the week of May 20, 2013, June 10, 2013, July 1, 2013, July 22, 2013, August 19, 2013, and September 9, 2013. Other than the rain rescheduling we have been at the homes on either the target date or the next day.

After the week of July 22, the rains and high temperatures set in. Approximately 10 home owners called to question the amount of mosquito activity and the effectiveness. Two people have requested refunds for the balance of the year. These were honored and paid. Mr. *******, has never requested a refund until now. His check is being processed as we speak. He still had us treat on the August treatment. This week he called and questioned if we did provide the service, then after we re-sent a technician a service ticket was found.

I think based on our BBB complaint history this circumstance speaks for its self.
Respectfully
**********

Money has been refunded I am not sure what can be done at this point

05/19/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Was quoted an amount on 4/27/15, when going to book service was told i was previously quoted a higher amnt a month ago and can only honor higher price
I called in on 4/27/15 to get a quote to spray for ants, I was quoted $275 for a 90 day warranty, and $400 for the 1 year plan or $380 if paid in full in advance. I said I would like to book for Wednesday 4/29/15. When the woman was going through the process to book service she said she saw in the system I was previously quoted from someone and they quoted me $250 for 90 day warranty and $425 for 1 year plan and $400 for advance purchase. I told her I was booking the service based off of the $380 advance purchase rate. She said she could only offer me the higher quote. I asked to speak to manager. She said manager **** would have to call me back she was busy with a customer. I waited a couple hours and no call back. I called back myself and the manager **** was the one to answer the phone. She claimed she just got done with a customer. She said she would not honor the price I was quoted today of $380, the lowest she would go was $400. She was giving me information different from the girl I originally spoke with, felt like I was being lied to.

I would like the price I was quoted of $380 to be honored. I was floored that for a $20 difference they would not give good customer service. I did not make the mistake.

Received the following response from the consumer:

"TNT called me and said they made a mistake and could offer the rate I was originally quoted. The way it was explained I could tell they were lying to me about the situation. I decided not to accept the originally quoted price since I did not want someone coming to my house spraying chemicals after filing a complaint."

Pest Control Services