BBB Accredited Business since 01/01/1980

Allen Keith Construction Company

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

07/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I did not receive the proper follow up due to water damage to my basement. Allen Keith responded did some minor work and left. Did not follow up after

I had major rain storm damage to my lower level on 6/16/14. After calling several companies, I got a hold of Allen Keith Restoration who responded that night. After doing some minimal work, they left a piece of equipment and left. With my basement still a major mess, I tried in vain to get a hold of this company for follow up work. The two people I talked to gave me the round around and never responded to my concerns. After no contact, I talked to another company and they provided service and proper mitigation. After 5 days of no contact with this company, I finally received a call for them to pick up the equipment they left. I did find out this was another company that Allen Keith had gotten. I did not receive the receive the proper follow up and I and I want to file this complaint.

I do not feel I need to pay for any additional services this company provided.

BBB - Received call from business. Mr. ***** stated that they received a call from the consumer. They promptly responded. They left a piece of equipment onsite and had planned to return. The consumer had limited availability during normal working hours. The business believes the consumer does not want to pay for the services rendered.

********* is part of their business that handles mitigation. The business worked with the consumer. Allen Keith never got to the point of handling the restoration work due to consumer's unavailability.

Consumer is still responsible for payment.

I do not agree that there was a maximum effort on the part of ********** to get a hold of me. I did talk to a representative of Allen Keith and payment will be made for the service they did render. I do not like the way this situation was handled and I voiced my concerns to the Allen Keith representative. There seemed to be a BIG mix up with my complaint and someone else's complaint. I did not have any racial problems with this company! It is okay to close this complaint.
**********