BBB Accredited Business since 07/01/1930

FirstEnergy Corp. (Headquarters)

567 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 179 closed in last 12 months

04/20/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Horrible customer service, failing to provide information requested. Customer advocate and Supervisor failing to respond with adequate information
I am looking into the EPP/budget plan with this company. Over the last three months I have been trying to get an answer in regards to this. Each person I have been speaking with is very rude and not wanting to help out. Supervisor in AKron and Customer Advocate very rude and do not want to listen to customer about issues, state that I "ramble on and on."

I have a EPP/budget plan, Customer service states that they adjust it once a quarter, the bill statements that I have show it is not being adjusted quarterly, but is showing to be done each month. Also the estimation process is horrible for every other month.

Customer advocate refuses to remove her head from other areas and answer questions. Additional contacts where requested and she refused. This is for the entire calendar year of 2015 and beginning of 2014.

I am asking to speak to a person who is wanting to listen to a customer and not create a lose-lose with the customer. Additionally, who is willing to take notes and look for a resolution and take action against the customer service shortfalls.

11/4/15 email received about his budget (EPP) balance increasing during the slowest month for electric and requested a detailed reason why. The company responded advising the EPP amount increased in order to cover the remaining actual account balance and future charges. You are coming up on your EPP annual review in January. At that time, you will be required to bring the account balance to 0.
11/5/15 email received asking why this isn't in the message center as this should be fully disclosed and not hidden. The company replied stating we are unsure of your current request and asked for more information in regard to this request.
11/6/15 email received stating we didn't put the correct reason on his bill but simply put reviewed bill and raising it. But your rep says its close of the year and the balance needs to be 0. You need to put this on the bill instead of hiding it. And if you kept a true balanced EPP I'd not owe extra. Estimations are off compared to actual usage. The company replied Our original reply states that your annual review is in January and your account balance will be brought to 0. This will be reflected under a line item Payment Plan Balance. This past month was simply a quarterly review and it was determined that your EPP amount would be raised just as the message on your bill stated. You have the option to cancel the EPP if you are unhappy with it and pay your actual usage instead.
11/9/15 email received stating he never said he was unhappy with the EPP and wants to know why the bill does not fully disclose the real reason why the rate went up. The company replied The EPP is designed to make a customer's monthly payments consistent throughout the year rounding out seasonal highs/lows. The EPP amount is based on the past billing periods of the premise and is reviewed quarterly and adjusted accordingly. Customers are notified of the change the month prior to the increase/decrease. On your 10/29/15 bill in the Messages section it states that the account has been reviewed and your payment amount has been adjusted to better match your actual usage. In your case the EPP amount increased. The Actual Account Balance is listed on each bill under the Amount Due. If you are unable to determine the reason for the increase/decrease please contact us so we can provide a detailed explanation.
11/10/15 email received stating I understand how EPP works. I'm not happy about the way it's listed on the bill vs the way you make it sound. You over estimate the estimated months compared to last year causing the overage vs actual usage. The company replied You can remove the EPP at anytime and account balance would become due on next bill.
11/12/15 email received asking Why he gets the same answers. The email was forwarded to a supervisor due to the back and forth who tried to contact the customer and left her direct number for a return call. An email was sent advising The PAPUC approved a rate increase effective 5/13/15 and can be seen on the June invoice. The EPP increase was due to the difference what we actually billed while on EPP and the actual consumption used. Your contract with FirstEnergy Solution's ended; however, this had no bearing on our rate increase May '15.
1/12/16 email received advising that he is paying his bill in protest of the company EPP policy, the way estimation is completed, the failure of a supervisor to call him back, and the overall horrible communication. The customer talks about the Cleveland Browns sponsorship. He continues to write that his EPP was raised to cover the usage, however, the EPP was not kept normal throughout the year. He feels the over estimation is causing his bill to be increased and he has no control over it. He is expecting a quick response and resolution that is favorable as poor customer service is starting to be the company pillar. A company supervisor replied advising that she personally called and provided him her direct number in November '15 and emailed him back addressing his concerns. She stated that she feels his concerns were addressed and accurate information was provided. She offered to discuss his account with him and provided her direct number again. The supervisor also called and left a message for the customer.
1/14/16 email received advising since his questions still linger than the supervisor failed to do her job. He states he did call her back and she never returned his call. He feels he is getting the short end of the stick and customer service department has failed and asked for his email be elevated higher than the supervisor. The supervisor replied advising that the customer confirmed that he understands how the EPP works and we understand that he is not satisfied with how it is listed on his bills. His concerns will be escalated but we need exact questions and to better serve him we should discuss this over the phone to make sure we are on the same page. The supervisor asked him to reply with the best contact number and time.
1/18/16 email received advising that customer service 101 is not to blame the customer or try to use anything against the customer. He states his concerns are about how the company uses the estimation on the off months vs the actual usage. Second he feels that he wants this escalated as he feels that his questions are not being answered and the supervisor is just trying to fill the situation with hot air. He advised he will reply with exact questions to another department above supervisor. He also said he is at a deadlock with the customer service department about issues and horrible customer service provided. He asked for a formal request for help from the executive office and the information/address for the CEO. The information was forwarded to Corporate Customer Advocate. She reached out to the compliance department as there was a PUC complaint on the account to obtain the information for the complaint. The information was provided as requested. The corporate representative called the customer and a message was left. A 2nd call was made and a woman answered and said that she does not know the customer. The supervisor also replied to the email advising that his concerns were forwarded to our Corporate Office and they attempted to contact him but was unsuccessful. They asked to verify the number we have for him and provided the mailing address as requested.
1/21/16 email received asking why he had not been responded to. The supervisor replied advising his information was forwarded to the corporate customer advocate.
2/23/16 the customer called back in response to the 2/3/16 message the corporate customer advocate left to discuss the billing statement sent per his request. He insists our EPP procedure is wrong and expects us to correct it. Tried going over his bills from November 2014 forward but he interrupts and raises his voice demanding that we correct our EPP. Explained the EPP reviews but he stated we are reviewing several times in a quarter. He said he is going to call or write the president and ended the call.
2/24/16 email received advising the payment just made is being made under protest due to the lack of concern the customer service team and understanding by the Customer Advocate. He hopes someone above the Customer Advocate would care to listen to his concerns without using horrible customer service tactics. The supervisor advised the customer since he filed a PUC Complaint he should contact them.
3/1/16 email received asking the supervisor not to reply to his emails since his complaint is about her. This information was forwarded to the corporate customer advocate.
3/4/16 email received about his EPP amount changing without any comments in the message box. He would like a complete sound answer and not from the supervisor.
The company does attempt to read all meters as scheduled and does do bi-monthly planned estimates. The customer does have options to avoid estimated bills by providing readings. When the customer is on the EPP, they will pay their monthly EPP amount no matter if the bill is estimated or actual for that month. When estimated the next actual reading will reflect the over/under estimate form the month prior if it was out of line. Being on the EPP the customer still pays the same amount over the 12 month period as he would if he was not on the EPP.
The company has attempted numerous times to discuss with the customer however he wants the company to change the way the EPP works and the estimation process and will not be satisfied until that is done. The company is not changing the way these items work at this time. His concerns have been sent to the proper departments who review these processes. The customers EPP is reviewed quarterly and adjusted accordingly like all other PA customers who are enrolled in EPP.
The customer did file a complaint with the PAPUC. His case was dismissed as the company is allowed to estimate the bills and adjust the EPP amount as necessary.

I do not accept the response from First Energy. As you can see with a period of emails over months, they still do not feel that customer service is their pillar of their organization.

Several times I have attempted to discuss my concerns with SUpervisors with-in this company, but I get the same people time in and time out. I have requested several times for different people to hear my concerns and address them accordingly. Time after time they refuse to provide this information.

I am asking for the BBB to provide a resolution in this to create a channel for me to discuss my issues with Penelec with someone who is not the Customer Advocate and not a supervisor.

The way the company does the EPP and billing is very skewed as it states above.

The company has attempted to contact the customer numerous times and have not been successful. Messages have been left for the customer with a direct dial phone number. The customer returned a call and asked to be contacted on 04/18/2016 on his cell phone at 2:30pm. Meanwhile he called back earlier in the day and left messages asking to be called back on 04/19/2016 between 8am and 9am. Another message was left by the company advising that the person who has been trying to contact them will not be available during that time period and that someone else would be contacting him.

The company will make a final attempt to address the company position with the customer. The company position is not going to change. The process for our billing and budget plans are being followed as regulated.

04/06/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Security deposit being requested for late payments but after hours and weekend tech support non existent for assistance with resetting online logon.
I have electronic billing. I work full time and do my bills on weekends or evenings. For one reason or another I keep getting locked out of my account when signing in and there is no tech support available after hours to help reset the system. I have spent many hours on hold during "normal business hours" waiting for a cust service rep to reset my password. Then it gets changed to a temporary password to and then each time the password is reset it needs to be changed again. We go through this routine almost every month. I do not have this problem with any other company and I pay ALL my bills electronically and ON TIME. If their system was more user friendly for busy people we would not have this problem. As a result they are requesting a security deposit. I offered in exchange to set up auto pay so that the bill is ensured to pay on time each month without the hassle of me trying to use their outdated system. I do not think I should have to have my money tied up with them because they do not make it easy for a customer to get their bill paid. The company has refused to accept the auto pay in lieu of a security deposit.

As indicated in my above statement. Autopay will be set up so that I do not need to log on every month to their non user friendly system to pay the bill.

The deposit requested can be waived if the customer sets up auto pay, with regard to reset of the password. After 5 attempts the customer is locked out for security reasons. An online message was sent to the customer and a request to contact a representative directly.

02/05/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I just received my electric bill and there is a $60.00 charge for Security Deposit. My monthly bill runs about $75 a month this bill is $175.10.
I called Ohio Edison today and talked to Manager Latisha no last name. She advised that on my Oct Bill there was a note that stated Ohio Edison could charge security deposits on accounts that are not in good standing. She advised I am being charged this because my account is not in good standing. I advised I never seen this on the bill. I also advised I get paid the 15th and last day of every month and pay my electric bill on the 15th pay. If you look at my history it is paid the same time every month and in full. I asked what is my due date and she said she could not give me one as it changes depending on when the meter is read. I do not feel for one my account is not in good standing as I pay this this every month at the same time. The manager said it does not matter if you are 1 day late or 10 days. My issue is I am in a current Chapter 13 BK and working hard on my credit. I have made my payments in full for years and no threat of any disconnection notices. It is not my fault Ohio Edison can not provide due date and I can not help when my paydays fall. I felt as if I was being treated like someone who does not pay their bills and I do not feel it is fair to charge me security deposit.

I am requesting this $60.00 charge be removed my bill. I am asking for my account to be reviewed, go back look at when payments are received see the trend that they are at the same time and payment in full.

Kelli E*******
************************************************************************************

In reviewing Ms. ********'s account, I have determined that although she does pay after the due date, she is paying the balance in full before the next billing cycle, therefore OE agrees to a deposit waiver. Bills are due 14 days from the date the bill is issued, which can change due to weekends and holidays. Ms. ********'s bill during the past 12 months have been due between the 10th and the 15th of each month. Account balance is now $115.67 due 2/12/16.

02/05/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I WAS DOUBLE CHARGED $34.98
I WAS DOUBLE CHARGED $34.98

REFUND THE $34.98

The company has no record that the customer was doubled billed $34.98, as stated. The customer also has not contacted the company to dispute/discuss.

Customer is enrolled with an Alternate Supplier, Constellation Energy Services, Inc.
On the 01/26/16 billing, customer was charged/billed $34.48 company current charge and $34.98 Constellation Energy Services current charge, totaling $69.46, due 02/09/16.

I never enrolled with Alternate Supplier, Constellation Energy Services, Inc. and demand a refund for the $34.98.

Customer has been enrolled with Constellation Energy Services, Inc., since 08/21/15. A letter was also issued to the customer advising receipt of Constellation Energy Services enrollment. If the customer is disputing charges from the supplier, the customer must contact Constellation Energy Services, Inc. The company cannot speak on behalf of the supplier or their charges.

01/14/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

my bill for January was estimated for 11,117 kwh. and for the year and a half that I have lived at this address its been under 2000kwh. I called on this matter 01/06/2015. when I spoke to a Talisha about the issue the first thing she stated to me was that "if I cant pay my bill then they will put me on a payment plan" So I proceeded to ask her why my meter has not been read in two months? Talisha stated to me that it stated on my bill that the meter reader was unable to access my meter. I stated to her that it does not state that on my bill and that you can see my meter from the street and has had no problem reading the meter before. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Talisha then stated to me that a supervisor is going to tell me the same thing she has. I stated to her that there is now way that my bill should ever be this high and that they have made a mistake and I wanted it fixed and I want a meter reader to come back to the house and read my meter correctly like they were to do on December 28th. Talisha then stated to me that I should go home after work and call them and read the meter myself. I ten again asked to speak to a supervisor. Talisha at that point put me on hold for 15 mins. when she finally came back on the phone, she stated that she spoke with her supervisor and that they can give me the same estimate as last month. I stated NO that the bill in November was estimated also and that I wanted my meter read because the reading from last month was too high. Novembers bill was $127.50 and all the bills prier to Novembers bill I have only paid $35.00. I then asked to speak with a supervisor again. she then put me on hold o=for 30 mins. Talisha came back on the phone phone and stated the same thing. " for me to read the meter or put me on a payment plane or that the will send me another bill with the as the same as Novembers billing". I then asked how much my bill will be and she could not give me and answer.
I would like this matter taken care of. I do not know how and utility company can over charge people this much and make this type of mistakes and not try to correct them.

I want my bill corrected and for me and every one else to be charged correctly and treated fairly as a customer. I feel that West Penn Power or any utility or business not to be aloud to over gouge people.

Company records reflect the customer supplied a reading of 28.631 on 12/7/2015 via the Company's website which was automatically added to the customers meter reading records.

The next meter reading was scheduled for 1/4/2016 and to be an actual meter reading however the meter reader was unable to obtain a reading of the meter and the current bill was estimated based on the customer's supplied meter reading from 12/7/2015.
On 1/6/2016, the customer contacted the Company regarding her current bill for $1,354.54 from 11/25/2015 to 12/28/2015 based on an estimated meter reading of 29,191. Representative reviewed the Company records and advised the customer the current bill was estimated due to a no access issue "no clear path to meter". The representative asked if the customer could obtain a reading of the meter and the customer declined and said the meter reading was over estimated. The representative reversed and rebilled the bill in question based on last month's daily consumption of 26 kwh however it appears she encountered a problem regarding the rebilling and advised the customer that she could just pay what she felt she owed for this time period. Customer declined that offer. The representative discussed the rebilling with her supervisor and was advised to release the account for rebilling and she advised the customer she would be receiving a new bill with a new due date. Representative offered all aspects of a billing investigation including a CBA, meter test, energy saving brochures however the customer indicated she was satisfied with the rebilling of her account.

According to the Company records the rebilling resulted in a larger bill which appears to be caused by a meter wrap issue. Rebill was based on reading of 18,932.

1/8/2015 - Upon review of this customer's account and the incorrect rebilling that was completed I created a check read order to obtain a reading of the customer's meter and also contacted the customer accounting department regarding the rebilling of this customer's account and suggested that the customer's account be rebilled based on prior month usage if meter services is unable to obtain a reading of the meter due to the above addressed access issue.

1/11/2016 - Received response from customer accounting representative the customer's read provided was corrected which caused the large bill and advised the new invoice will process once the supplier charges are received.

1/12/2016, customer's account was rebilled from 10/27/2015 to 12/28/2015 (2 bills) for $33.58 and $36.26 which resulted in a credit balance on the customer's account of $110.56, see attached billing statement.

As stated above, the customer's account has been corrected on 1/12/2016 and she currently has a credit balance on her account. The company does apologize for any inconvenience that the estimated bill and incorrect rebilling caused the customer however the original estimated bill was based on the customer's reading that was provided via the Company's website on 12/7/2015 when the Company was unable to obtain an actual meter reading due to the access issue.
Request dismissal.

the only thing I do not eccept is that for the past 2 years I have been at this home there has never been a problem with someone reading my meter!!!! nothing is in front of my metter and you can see my meter from the street. The reading that I gave online I called West Penn power and spoke to someone and asked them to disregard my reading fbecause I felt that I did not know how to read the meter and I felt it was not correct. It NEVER stated on my bill that there was no clear path to my meter!!! I am very disapointed that I have had to contact the PUC and BBB on this matter. how many poeople to they do this to? If I was on automadtic bill bay I would have NO MONEY in my account!!! and yes they offerd for me to read my meter, but that is NOT my job! like I said my meter is NOT ubstructed in any way EVER!!
and also they NEVER have let me speak with a superviser. The first thing TALISHA said to me was "if you cant pay your bill we can put you on a payment plan".... thats not helping anyone when my bill was $1300.00 when it really should have only been $36.00 and she chose not to help me and fix their mistake untill I contacted the PUC and the BBB!!!

06/20/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Ive received a collection notice from them. Ive never had them as my supplier of any utility.
5/19/2016: I received a collection notice from Credit Collection Services for the creditor (First Energy-JCP) threatening my credit status and legal actions if I don't immediately pay them $357.76.

I'VE NEVER USED FIRST ENERGY OR JCP&L AS MY UTILITY SUPPLIER-EVER!

Retract bills and any negative posting to my credit

A message and call back number has been left for the customer. Upon the return call the Company representative will give instructions on how to file a identity theft report. If a relative used the customer's information to obtain service the same process would need to be followed or bill would need to be paid. Any questions please call ************. Usage and billing is deemed accurate at this time.

06/15/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Ohio edison wrote down wrong account number now accusing me of fraud
I gave ohio edison my account info to pay my bill of 58.97. All of my other debts were paid. Ohio edison is now blaming me and telling me i commited fraud. I have never paid them not one day late. When you messed up my account info, i do not appreciate you writing me a sarcastic letter blamong me for fraud
I never even received a phone call saying hey is something wrong with your account. Maybe we wrote down wrong numbers as your check didnt go through. Instead i get a letter threatening me of fraud

I want a sincere apology and all fees for their wrong behavior refunded. I gave right account info. They messed it up and are now accusing me of fraud, an offense i take very serious.

Ohio Edison (OE) records reflect customer made a payment of $58.97 electronically on 5/20/16. OE processed the payment with the information provided by the customer. No agent was involved in the payment process as the payment was made electronically. The payment was returned by the bank as 'Account Not Found'. OE mailed the customer a letter 5/26/16 advising of the returned payment. The letter states, id the payment was made to avoid the loss of electric service or to reconnect service that it may be considered a fraudulent practice.

This company accused me of a criminal act which i do not take lightly. Everybody else cashed my paymentfrom this account. Obviously ohio edison translated account info wrong and is now adding additional fees to my account and accusing me of a criminal act

Ohio Edison stands by our original response. Ohio Edison processed the payment with the information provided by the customer.

This bill is paid. If i get any additional fess then i will do something additional at that time. I gave the correct info
Ohio edison inputted it wrong. Dont accuse me of fraud ever again. I take that accusation very serious.

06/14/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

REQUESTING A SECURITY DEPOST.AFTER 30+ YRS.
ACC# ************ TOLEDO EDISON PLACED ON MY BILL A SECURITY REQUEST FOR 108.00. THEY SAY IT IS BECAUSE OF BEING LATE..THAT MAY BE TRUE BUT THEY CHARGE YOU A LATE FEE FOR THAT REASON..I HAVE TALKED TO 2 SUPER. AND THEY CAN NOT SOLVE THE PROPLEM. IFEEL AS IF THEY ARE SCAMMING PEOPLE BY DOUBLE DIPPING CHARGES.WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND COMMITMENTAND LOYALITY.THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN DOUBLE DIPPING..TOLD THEM THE 108.00 DOES NOT FIT BUDGETT THAT IS WHY I WAS LATE IN THE PAST. I AM OUT OF CHOICES STILL WAITING AFTET 2 HOURS FOR ANOTHER SUPER. TO CALL..ALL OF THIS HAS HPPENED TODAY 5/31/2016..STARTED CALLING 1ST THING TODAY.

1 I FEEL AS THOUGH THIS REQUEST SHOULD BEABLE TO BE DENIED. THEY SAID NO I CAN NOT DENIE THIS..ALSO THEY TOLEDO EDISON SHOULD NOT BEALBE TO DOUBLE DIPP ON THERE CUSTOMERS.

Customer was assessed a deposit due to late payment history; the customer has not made full payment or payment arrangements for any given bill containing a previous balance for regulated service provided by that utility company. The amount of $108.00 was determined based on 130% of the estimated annual average monthly bill for the customer's tariffed service for the ensuing twelve months. Customer enrolled in direct debit and was granted a one time waiver of the deposit 6/1/16.

06/06/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Security Deposit that I was not notified about then added to me bill of $255
I have been on the budget plan for some time now with this electric company. I was going to pay less getting off of the budget program through the State of Ohio, so i cancelled this program. My bill every month is just over 200 average so I do not look at every bill because I know that is what I use per month. I have not been 30+ days late on my payments, but I have been late because I am the only one paying this bill. I pay everything in full, so nothing is carrying over per month. This past month my bill said to be $663.54 with a shut off notice of 221$ ( or past due amount) I notified them asking why there was a misc charge of 255$ on my account, and they told me that this was a security deposit. I was never notified about this, When i see me bill i do not look at it because i know what it runs every month, and i used 200 kw less even trying to keep my bill down. They never notified me by mail nor do they have a separate messages tab for these things that are important. They will not remove the amount from my account. I can see if i am over 30 days late every month, but I am not. I paid my past due in full like I always have done.

The security deposit off of my account. There needs to have something else in place to let te customers know they have a message for the customers. I would not see the notice on the bill if I just pay it in full every month when I have the extra money. This is very wrong to do to your customers especially those who have been with this company for as long as I have.

Customer was assessed a deposit due to late payment history; the customer has not made full payment or payment arrangements for any given bill containing a previous balance for regulated service provided by that utility company. The amount of $255.00 was determined based on 130% of the estimated annual average monthly bill for the customer's tariffed service for the ensuing twelve months.

A warning notice that a security
deposit may be requested if payments continued to be paid after the due date was on the bill dated 04/22/2016 under the section titled Messages, Important Notice.

Customer has the option of providing a guarantor in lieu of the deposit.

I have paid every Bill in full for the month the bill was assessed. This is not what you do to customers. I could understand if I did not pay my bill at all, but I do pay my bill.

If this business has done this to me how many other people do they do it too?? If something was going to be on my account they should have contacted me another way. I would have handled it sooner.

You can see the Payment history I have paid every bill for the month owed in full.

Ohio Edison stands by our previous response.

I have shown all the bills being paid, I have Paid every month in full. They know i am the only one working, I have had PIPP on my account before and have had no problems. I have done this for 5 years that I have had this company.

They are saying I have to pay this, I keep paying how I have been because it is 1. how my checks are and 2. I am a single mother, so I am paying them 255$ just because. They tell me once the 13th month comes up I receive it back IF every payment is on time. SO I am out that money.

This is terrible practice. I should not have to pay for this " security deposit" if I am paying my bill, late or not they are getting the month in full.

No other company does this.

06/03/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I believe i am being grossly overcharged by either faulty equipment or bad business practices to collect a late fee.
I moved into the home which has been empty for a year and a half or more in December. In january and actual reading was done with heat, space heaters, running for less than 500 kwh. The next 2 months werr estimated to be about the same as the temperature had warmed and i didnt need to use space jeaters as much. Then in april with limited use of energy was listed at almost 6000. This was extremly high and i called and received a refund of 245 dollars or so as they overcharged me. A bill of 545 dollars is still very high as me and my brother who lives here has not changed one thing since we moved in. Last month i was quoted at using an additional 450 dollars or 4128 kw. This once again is impossible for my normal use as no one is home over 10 hrs a day. I called again to complain and let them know i was overcharged. The representative told me something is drawing power or is wrong with my hoke. As i was talking to her i had everything off ij the house and as i looked at my meter it was spinning off the handle; also the home had just had a through inspection as i had just purchased it according to maryland law. I informed them the problem is on their end and i was put on hold and hung up on. Two days after my complaint i magically have a new digital meter which im not sure how to track but it lists total usage i think. All of this sounds suspicious and there are millions of reviews of under estimates and over estimates so that one can not pay and be charged a late fee. I am very disappointed and suspicious of receiving a new meter after being overcharged a second time. 1000 dollars in 2 months of electric was never used in my family home as a child in a family of 5 with triple the emergy being used. I would gladly change companies if it was possible and i have studied a pattern of gross overcharging even in my tiny apartment of 1200 sq feet before i moved here. I only fear this will lead to me being black or red listed amd future problems. Thank you for your time.

I wish to have half of the bill refunded of 1011.45 as i know for a fact i dont owe nearly that much. A faulty meter is not my problem and the business should step up and do the right thing.

Mr. ******** moved into *************************************** on 12/16/15. Initial bill issued 12/30/15 in the amount of $46.32 (439 kWh) actual read service from 12/16 to 12/28/15 (13 days) due 01/19/16. The next two bills (12/29/15 to 01/28/16 and 01/29/16 to 02/26/16) were estimated from prior month usage. January 2016 scheduled read was missed due to weather.
Mr. ******** contacted Potomac Edison regarding bill issued 03/29/16 in the amount of $747.54 (7437 kWh) actual read service from 02/27 to 03/25/16 due 04/18/16. Company representative attempted to explained previous two bills were under estimated and actual read was correcting those bills. Mr. ******** provided a read from the meter at 59264; which actually confirmed company read at 57637 to have been correct. Representative issued a corrected bill 04/11/16 in the amount of $619.63 (5714 kWh) prorated from customer read service from 02/27 to 03/25/16 due 05/02/16.
Potomac Edison obtained next actual read on 04/26/16 at 60042. Bill issued 04/28/16 in the amount of $1011.45 (4128 kWh) actual read service from 03/26 to 04/26/16 and previous balance $562.33 due 05/18/16. Mr. ******** contacted Potomac Edison regarding bill; however hung up while representative was reviewing the account. Representative issued an order to confirm read at 60042 was correct. 05/12/16 check read obtained 60775 which confirms previous read to have been correct.
Mr. ******** states he was using space heaters to assist with heating this location. Actual reads obtained 03/25/16 at 57637 and 12/28/15 at 49865 was 7772 kWh in 88 days for 88 kWh per day average.
Meter was exchanged 05/12/16 and replaced with a digital meter. Customer admitted to heating with space heaters and estimated bills were corrected with actual reads. No adjustments will be made to the account as actual reads have been obtained.

I don't agree but I'll agree to disagree and I will bewriting down, photographing and monitoring all future days. The digital meter now seems to be giving me the real reading and for the record space heaters were used when it was cold not the last 2 months when it was 60 degrees as why would need to be.

However I am finished worrying about it and will be in touch if future problems occur.

Electric Companies, Electrical Power Systems (Residential & Commercial) - Backup Systems