Alpha Dental

05/16/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I paid 70$ for sedation and they were unable to start the iv so I had to reschedule and they wouldn't give my money back today.
I paid 70$ to have my teeth removed under sedation and because they were unable to start the iv today I was told I had to reschedule and the dentist and dental assistant said I could get my cash back since they were unable to follow through with my procedure. The ladies at the front desk said they already deposited my money in there bank and I will have to wait 10 business days to receive a check in the mail. This is wrong because I handed them 70$ cash and an hour later they couldn't and wouldn't give my money back.

I want my cash money back today. I got poked 7 times from them trying to start an iv and since it didn't work I had to reschedule and I didn't get my money back, that makes no sense at all...

Here at Alpha Dental, we strive to provide the best healthcare possible. Since this is not a cookie-cutter profession, different patients with different anatomies would mean limitations of the care we would be able to provide. In the case of ******* *******, we had her scheduled for IV Sedated Oral Surgery. Our sedation Doctor tried to start an IV on the patient a few times, but her veins were simply too difficult at several different sites that we tried. Some common reasons why IVs are not able to be started are: patient is on hemodialysis, they have small veins, or they are cancer patients, IV drug abusers, or anyone with a chronic illness that "used up" all their good veins. Sometimes, patient's veins are simply too trombosed or weakened. Or the visible ones are simply too small.

Firstly, the $70 the patient paid is typically non-refundable. This is because the Doctor's time is scheduled very tightly and there are many people on the waiting list. Since this is an instance where we were unable to start the IV on the patient, we authorized for a refund. There is no fault on either party in this case.

We have a policy at our office where once the cash drawer reaches a certain amount of cash, the front desk is instructed to quickly deposit the cash at the bank. This is both for security and safety issues. As a small private healthcare provider, we do not have a safe where we can keep large amount of cash. In the case of Ms. *******, the cash that she paid was deposited because the drawer met the threshold, thus, we had no other option but to issue a check out to her through our regular accounting process which would take 10 business days to reach their house (dependent on USPS).

The patient became irate at our answer and began to dramatically raise her voice and make a scene at our reception. She was given a letter promising the refund. At no point did we say that she would not be receiving a refund.

On an updated note, the refund request has reached our accounting department and I have been notified that it has been processed.

We will be following up with the patient to make sure she receives the check.

Dentists