BBB Accredited Business since 07/18/1997

Lambert Buick GMC Inc.

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

06/26/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I only received one key and FINALLY got the 2nd after I made the 1 & 1/2 hr drive back to get it PLUS bad tires
purchased the car April,2014 and now find I need 4 new tires. When I called about this I was told there was nothing they could do about it.

The dealer here said the tires are at the "wear bar" I think Lambert could have said they'd at least chip in a little to help with the expense of 4 new tires. That's all. They could have offered !

Thanks to the BBB I received a check from Lambert today, June 26, for $400.00 to assist my having to purchase 4 new tires. My phone call to them expressing my displeasure was ignored and it wasn't untill they heard from BBB that I received a phone call from them offering assistance. So thank you BBB although it wasn't even 1/4 of what the new tires cost me it was better then NOTHING which is what they offered before they heard from you.

******************

08/05/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Lambert Buick's service department refuses to repair my window, radio and now door issue, claiming that they are unable to duplicate the problem.

I purchased a used 2012 Buick Regal from Lambert Buick on 9/1/12 with approximately 4500 miles on the vehicle. Within the last several months, the car has begun to deteriorate right before my eyes and Buick refuses to do anything. I am still currently within warranty with approximately 19,600 miles on the vehicle. Everyday for the past two months, for varying periods of time and various weather conditions, the drivers' side window will not roll up or down and there is a constant message on my dash to roll my window up and down-something I would love no more than to do but cannot. Also in the past 1.5 months, on four separate occasions,the car radio will not cut off when the door is open and the car is turned off. Finally, within the past week, on 4 different occasions now, I have received a message on the dash to please close the drivers' side door even though the door is closed. I have taken the vehicle to Lamber on 4/29 and again on 6/10 to seek some resolution to the problem but they claim that they are unable to duplicate the problem. I find this odd because I can duplicate the problem EVERYDAY! I called Buick customer service and they just suggested that I take my car elsewhere. I am unwilling to do that because Lambert Buick sold me the lemon so they should be the ones to fix the lemon. There is no logical reason that a car with less than 20,000 miles on it should have so many problems. I shutter to think what will be wrong with my car next. I am beginning to feel that the vehicle is unsafe.

Fix the drivers' side window, radio, and electrical issue with the car door sensor.

Recently we replaced a part on Ms *****'s vehicle and unfortunately after a couple weeks, the problem came back. We have already made arrangements for the vehicle to come back into our dealership next week and have made every effort to verify with General Motors that this new fix will resolve Ms *****'s problems.

Our delay in responding to this was that we hoped that our last fix had resolved our customer's concerns with her vehicle. We always try everything we can to make sure that our customers are completely satisfied with all aspects of the services we provide.

*************
Finance Director

After several failed attempts, the problem with my vehicle seems to be repaired. I still find it unfortunate that it was not until I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau that my issues were paid any attention. In the future, I would hope that customers would not have to go through what I have gone through in order to receive an appropriate level of service. After my complaint was filed, the personnel at Lambert went above and beyond to make sure that my vehicle was repaired.

12/19/2013Problems with Product / Service
01/18/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was sold a Certified Pre-Owned 2013 GMC Acadia with 4 "dry rotted" tires, and the dealership refuses to replace the tires.
On November 24th I spoke with Dave C****(Sales Manager) in regards to the 2013 GMC Acadia that was purchased at Lambert Buick GMC in February 2015. I then told him that I attempted to purchase a tire rotation from another service dealer and I was told that all 4 tires were "choppy" and "dry rotted" and that I should contact Lambert Buick GMC to have it fixed. I also told him that I was loosing air pressure from the front 2 tires, and it was unsafe for my family to be in this vehicle, especially for highway travel. I told Dave C**** from Lambert Buick GMC that I took pictures of the tires. He then, asked me to send the pictures to him via email. At 3:08pm on November 24th I sent over the pictures of the tires via email.

On November 25th at 12:05pm Dave C**** sent me an email asking me for the tire make and size so that he can verify if the tires were indeed factory tires. Later that day at 8:38pm I emailed another picture of the tire make and size for proof. After more than a few phone calls to Dave at Lambert Buick GMC with no return call or email. On November 30th at 5:00pm Dave C**** emailed me back asking for the current mileage on my vehicle, I then sent over a picture via email of my odometer reading 39860 miles at 5:25pm. I contacted the General Manger Vickie W**** and left her a message in hopes that she could better help me with this issue. Ms. W**** did not return my phone call either. On December 1st at 5:01pm Dave C**** emailed me to and communicated that he discussed the matter with the General Manager and Goodyear needed to pro rate or replace the tires. He asked me to go to a Good year dealership and have them look at the tires. I then, went to the Goodyear dealership near my home and spoke to a sale rep regarding these tires. The Goodyear rep did an inspection of the tires and told me that these tires have less than 15% tread life on them and they were indeed "dry rotted". He also told me that I should fight with the dealership regarding the tires before I invest in purchasing new tires. He told me that they sold me a vehicle with less than 50% tread on the tires. I asked him for a quote on new tires for a price estimate.

On December 2nd I called Lambert Buick GMC's Vice President John Todd Lambert and left him a voicemail meassage and stated that I was very unhappy with the customer service experience, it was not good business practice to sell customers a vehicle with unsafe tires and that his staff was unapologentic during this time and they didn't offer a solution to correct this matter.

I should NOT have to purchase brand new tires for a vehicle that I purchased under 1 year ago because of "dry rotted" and unsafe tires. This is bad business practices, and Lambert Buick GMC should stand behind their product. I did not want to take this route, but Lambert Buick GMC left me with no choice.

I would like for Lambert Buick GMC to replace all 4 tires with new tires with a warranty. I would like to have the same brand of tire replaced on my vehicle, if not a better brand. I would like this matter to be a priority to Lambert Buick GMC as well, given the seriousness of the issue.

I do not like how this matter was handled. I feel completed disregarded as a customer. Without customers, there is no business.

On January 31, 2015 we sold a vehicle to Chantel C******. She purchased a Preowned 2013 GMC Acadia that had 22,168 miles on it. Prior to Ms. C******'s purchase of the vehicle, the previous owner had done some of their previous service on the vehicle with our service department.

When the vehicle was traded in, we did an inspection of the vehicle and found the tires to be in normal condition and performed a tire rotation and wheel alignment. While we do not "certify" our vehicles, our vehicles still go through a mechanic's inspection.

On November 24th, after taking her vehicle to another facility for repair, Ms. C****** contacted our service director, Dave C****, to explain that she was having a problem with her tires. Ms. C****** felt that the vehicles were dry rotted. Ms. C****** sent pictures of the tires to Mr. C****.

Mr C**** explained that the cracks on the tires were stress cracks - not dry rot. Stress cracks occur when the tire is near the end of its lifecycle and wear is not consistent across the tread. Mr. C**** explained that with the miles on the vehicle, that there was no warranty from GM or our dealership on the tires and that when we inspected the tires 10 months and 17,500 miles ago, the tires were in normal condition. He then went on to say that if Ms. C****** felt that there was a defect with the tires, that she should contact the tire manufacturer, Goodyear. It was stated that it is not our opinion that the tires were dry rotted, but rather it was time for Ms. C****** to purchase tires - either through us or through another vendor.

It is never our intention to have a customer not happy with the service we provided them. At this point, the cost of tires for Ms. C****** are part of the normal expense of vehicle ownership. Prior to her November phone call and email, Ms. C****** had never contacted our dealership to explain her concern or any concern with vehicle vibration or tire problems. In that time she put 17,500 miles on the vehicle and now with almost 40,000 miles on the vehicle, it is time for new tires to be purchased. We do not feel that that is an expense that our dealership is responsible for.

05/26/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

We were promised (including in writing) that they would deliver the second (missing) key and remote. 26 days later, nothing but run - around
We purchased an almost-new vehicle from Lambert Buick - GMC 26 days ago. Upon leaving with the vehicle, we were told that they could not locate the second key and remote. They gave us a "WE OWE" document promising that the key and remote would be delivered. A couple of days later, we were told that a new one had been ordered and would be delivered. After not receiving it, we followed with phone calls. Since that time, over a several week period, we have received numerous empty promises regarding receiving our new second key. Most recently (three days ago) we were told that a person from the dealership would come to our home the next day to cut and program a new key. Of course - no one showed up - no one called - and no key and remote. A repeated pattern has been promising to call back with a an explanation and date we will receive the key / remote and we have not once received a call back. Now, both the salesperson and any manager seem to be "unavailable". NOT HAPPY Oh yes, we also are missing the warranty brochure. Same story.

We want our key and remote and warranty brochure ASAP. Compensation for the aggravation and many wasted hours would be helpful, but I'm sure that's not happening.

On 5/12/14, the Bureau received the following from the business via email:

We have now received confirmation from both the customer and our key technician that the issue has been resolved. Both our dealership and the technician tried calling the customer numerous times to make the arrangement only to not have the calls answered and returned. It is never our intention to provide our customers a poor customer service experience.

On May 9, 2014, after sending an email to the customer, we did hear back from the customer and they stated everything had been resolved.

**************
Finance Director

10/04/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

The salesman said we had 2 year warranty or 20,000 miles left on warranty, we have witness heard him say. We find out there's no warranty truck broke.
The salesman man kept saying the great thing about this truck is its under warranty 2 more years or 20,000 , after A/C Beaks we find it has no warranty , I call the dealer he says call your lawyer so I can show him the papers you signed with a smirk !

$50,000

On March 22, 2013, ****** **** purchased a 2010 Ford F150 from our dealership. On that day, she signed paperwork (the FTC sheet) showing that the only remaining warranty from Ford for the vehicle was powertrain coverage since the bumper to bumper coverage had expired on 02/23/2013 (one month prior). Our finance department showed her options to extend the bumper to bumper coverage, but she declined the protection. The vehicle is still protected by Ford with powertrain coverage until 02/23/15 or 60,000 miles (a little less than 2 years and almost 40k more miles).

A little less than a month ago, Mr. **** called in to say that he was at another dealership and they informed him that his bumper to bumper coverage had expired and he wanted to know how he was going to get the bill for his air conditioning fixed. I informed him I would pull the file and call him back. Moments later when I called him back, I informed him that in fact the bumper to bumper had expired and that we had shown him this when they purchased the vehicle from us several months ago. He stated he was completely unaware of that and that our dealership had informed him otherwise. I stated to him that his wife had signed documents showing the exact dates of coverage and that she was also presented with options to put that coverage back into affect but they declined doing so. Mr. **** became irate and stated that he was going to contact his attorney since we had been so dishonest with him. I went over that this is why we offer warranties to protect for these types of problems. He again stated his desire to contact his attorney. I stated that I had the paperwork they signed and if he or his attorney wanted copies I would provide it to him.

At no point did we deceit the customer or provide any information to him that was untrue. All of our preowned vehicles have window tags that indicate the balance of the original manufacturer's warranty (as did this vehicle). Knowing the unexpected expense that vehicles can cause, we also strongly support the idea of customers purchasing extended bumper to bumper coverage.

02/24/2016Problems with Product / Service