BBB Accredited Business since 09/21/2012

Crestmont Hyundai

11 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

03/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Promised refund not given.
I put $200 on a vehicle (03/04/14) via Mastercard to hold it while I went through my own credit union's financing process. I was assured that the $200 was refundable. Sale of vehicle was contingent on financing through credit union. Financing did not go through. I contacted dealer as soon as I found about about financing not going through (03/07/14) for refund and was told the by the used car manager that the money would be refunded on Monday, 03/10/14. The money was never refunded. An attorney contacted the used car manager on Friday (03/14/14) on my behalf and left him a voicemail to inquire about the refund and when to expect it. As of 5 pm on Friday 03/14/14, the dealership has not responded.

$200 refund of the refundable deposit.

We have zero problem returning a refundable deposit to a customer. The salesmen who was handling this transaction was out for over a week due to a family medical leave, so its possible that some messages might have been delayed. However the GSM at the dealership spoke with Ms ********** explained that she can just drop by or call one of the managers. I personally just called her and left a voicemail as she did not pick up. We have zero desire to hold her deposit, as soon as she contacts us we can make arrangements to refund the deposit directly back onto the card she used.

**********

09/29/2014Billing / Collection Issues
10/28/2013Advertising / Sales Issues
10/07/2013Problems with Product / Service
10/09/2012Advertising / Sales Issues
01/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The 2 issues that where supposed to be addressed before picking up my car where not addressed and when they addressed one issue one more issuedoccured
In August 25, 2014 I purchased a 2011 Sonata Hybrid for 16,569.50 from salesman *** ***. When I purchased this car the verbal agreement was when they detailed it the would fix the paint chips around the car and also the damage to 2 of the wheels were badly curbed checked. I picked up the car and the items were not complete. I was told I would have to bring the car back. I brought the car back on a Saturday. The used car salesman *** ***** and man from the service department came out looked at it said I would have to bring it back again when the wheel guy was there. The sales guy said the paint chip guy and wheel guy came on different days. So I got my paint around the wheel well fixed but nothing else. So I came back now I was dealing with the *** ******** finance guy. They got me a car to get the wheels fixed I once again asked about the paint there was one bad one on the roof that was rusted *** told me don't worry about that when I come for my first oil change he will make sure the paint guy is there cause it is more than just a paint chip and the car should of never been put on the lot with those issues. So when I picked up the car wheels looked nice but now I have to take care of them differently and they did 3 instead of just 2 only certain product on them. When I got home after carefully looking at my tires the guy never took my tires off to repair them and gauged the tire right next to the wheel on 2 of them where the repair was made. The tire were nice 2014 Dot Yokohamas avid Ascend 205/65/16 95h.I called ***'s cell phone number he gave me no response so on the weekend I left him several messages. He called me back with the correct cell number I forwared the pictures of the tires. He said he could no longer help me I would have to talk to *** ***** the used car manager. I sent him the pictures he said no problem he would replace them either way. He ordered more tires for me to come it took about 2 weeks he ordered wrong tires first time. So on Saturday October 11th I went to the dealer with a friend of mine who is a certified Goodyear tire tech to make sure of what they where putting on my car. I asked the service advisor ******* ****** to see the tire before the install them. He brought them out the were the wrong size 215/65/16 98h and had a dot of 2013 when the guy I was with questioned it ******* went and got *** ***** he can into the service department screaming that he didn't know what a dot was ******* told him my tires were discontinued that's why those were sent I told him those didn't even match what was on my car. He said I either take THE MOTHER F@#$KING TIRES or I wasn't getting any. Well the guy I was with picked up one of the tires (not saying this was ok)and tossed it into the service garage saying that's unacceptable. Then *** ***** told us to get out the got face to face *** ***** egged him on by saying come on and hit me we are calling the police. We left went into the parking lot. The a man named ***** ******* came out he is a sales and leasing consultant he ask what was going on and if he could help. We explained everything he said the police wasn't coming he would order 4 tires of what ever brand and would make sure or the size and dot 2014 and I could come Monday in between my 2 jobs to get them installed. By now the General Manager came out **** ***** he said he heard of the scuffal and the man that was with me apologized they shook hands we left. I returned on Monday to get the tires. I was greeted by ******* I asked if the had the correct tires he said he had not checked he went to get them and ***** came to the service department they were wrong. They were 2011 dot 98h 215/65/16. After all this I stopped speaking to this man I had brought but he was calling the dealership and harassing the and treating them which I did not know. Because of this they will only replace tire w compatible ones and will not fix paint. That has nothing to do with original agreement I have pictures and texts.

I would like tires with the dot of 2014 like I had on the car with either 95h or 98h rating 70,000 or more mileage rating Cooper or Hankook I would like the size that is on my car 205/65/16 the larger one they want to give me (215/65/16) if you make a sharp turn it could hit the wheel well from my research. The 2 good tires that are on my car now I would like to keep for spares since I bought them with the car. I would like if not all the paint chips fixed the major on the is rusting on the roof of the car like the promised. And not to have the work done at that dealership. It's been months now they have avoied me prior to the altercation and they are trying to hold me responsible for what that man did. When we left that dealership the shook hands and everything was ok I have no control over another human being not to mention all this should have been taken care of from the beginning. They continued to have contact with him and not me I'm the only one on the car note for this car and the only one to make decisions for it. I don't feel comfortable to ever do to that dealership after the way *** ***** screamed and cussed at me in the service department. I would prefer PLEASE PLASE to take it to another Hyundai dealership that he has no connection with because I do not trust them to get this done, or to a tire shop and a body shop and them pay for it. Thank you for your time. ****** ********

****** ******** purchased a used 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 52,265 miles from Crestmont Hyundai. At the time of purchase she signed the delivery report stating dealer owes no items past delivery. *** the salesmen agreed to have someone look at the rims as there was scuff and some light scratches. A time would be scheduled when the sublet wheel repair company would be here as it's only once a week. Approximately 1 week later her on her behalf "an associate by the name of *******" called the dealer and spoke with the finance manager, he complained about the scrapes or scratches on the rims. He told her to bring the car in when the sublet wheel repair service was here. She did that and came in and continued to request other things, such as minor paint chip repair. *** the finance manager only agreed to look at the car and offer possibly a tube of touch up paint, but the focus was the rims. We then had the sublet wheel guy fix the rims at our cost. She took the car and came back a day or two later and got with *** again, and said that there was a small gouge in two of the tires. *** then got the used car manager involved. ******'s claim was that happened when the sublet wheel repair was fixing the rim. The Sublet Company denied that, again out of good faith we offered to replace the two tires that she complained about. We then set up a time to have the two new tires installed at our cost. We even ordered the tires she requested. ****** and ******* showed up and he being ******, started screaming and swearing in the service area saying he was a tire guy and the tires we gave them were not acceptable, they were the wrong tread pattern or something of that nature. He then with ****** there literally threw the tire across the lane and threatened the used car manager. We said we would call the police if they did not stop that behavior. We tried to work with them as we are not obligated to buy them any tires, but we wanted to help the customer and resolve the issue. Then they start demanding four tires- a complete set even though the other two were perfectly fine. Claiming that the tires would wear differently, in an effort to resolve this we asked if we replaced all to match as a set would this be resolved, the answer was yes to replace the set again at our cost. Again we ordered the exact tires brand and size that they requested. When they came in they said the tire was right but the D.O.T. year was not 2014. ******* called the dealership tying up the dealership phone lines, threatening to drive a car into the dealership, making the receptionist cry. So we called the police and they got involved they called ****** and ******* demanding that this stops. There are currently charges pending against ******* and this is all documented with the Brunswick police.
I personally spoke with ****** and explained to her that we could not provide her with Hankook Optimo's because she demanded a 2014 D.O.T. we only can get 2013 D.O.T.'s. (we offered Michelins and yokohoma's but she has truly been unreasonable in her requests) She agreed on the 2013 and then called me back an hour later to say, did I try other places. She stated to go ahead and order them which we did and the next day. My parts manager and dealer tire along with two other tire outlets that we use are confident that tire is not available through our channels. We have never encountered any of these D.O.T. requests and feel that we have gone above and beyond and clearly bettering the car she purchased with new tires and repaired rims which we are not obligated to do, let alone with specific tires and D.O.T. dates that she unreasonably continues to demand.

December 23,2014. First of all the incident that occurred to there knowledge is incorrect.*** ***** the used sales manager was the one who started the screaming and cussing.I have never demanded a thing from them,they agreed to replace the 2 tires they damaged on my car.So have them order the exact 2 tire that are on my car to make a set Yokohamas AVID ASCEND 205/65/16 95H with a dot year 2014.You will see I'm correct in my statement they are discontinued so I never demanded a thing they lied. In my opinion I'm not demanding nothing they would be replacing exactly what there 3rd party person ruined therefore I would have a complete matching set on my car just like I purchased.All the tires they had offered were in fact the wrong size 215/65/16 although could be compatible with my car it states to be cautious when making sharp turns because the tires are higher then the ones made for my car.So I would prefer the tire made for the car to match the tires made for that car 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 205/65/16. I already have to take precautions when cleaning my rims they repaired.**** ***** took it upon himself to order the wrong size 215/65/16.As far as the problems with the charges pending with ******* after the incident and they all shook hands the dealership took it upon themselves to continue contact with ******* after that I have not had contact with him other than what the police wanted me to tell him. I have given them information to where he lives and works but they have not arrested him why? He is not on my car note nor is it written for him to represent me in any shape or form. His actions after the hand shake which I'm sure that they have all of this on tape (ask to view the tape)should have nothing to do with me and my car.As far as agreeing to the 2013 tire yes I did that's if they were 205/65/16 which they are not.I do have text messages between *** the sales about the paint chips where he states I missed the day the paint chip guy was there not true my car was there they never had him look at them.I also spoke with **** ***** about the paint chips he said that we needed to take care of the tires first and maybe able to get the paint guy there the same time. The conversation with *** the finance guy said he would have the paint guy there when I came for my oil change he would probably have to get me a car because the one on the roof that I'm concerned about is rusting(was like that when I bought the car) he said it would be more than a quick fix. Then he offered to get me a bottle of touch up paint.He also stated to me the car should of never been put on the lot in that condition. I only want my 2 tires they ruined to match a whole set that is only a year old, what I had when I purchased it. And the rust spot on the roof fixed. These items fixed at a different dealership than Crestmont Hyundai owner has no affiliation with. I feel that I'm not being unreasonable or demanding considering I will be paying for the car for the next 6 years of my life almost 17,000. I will be almost 60 years old when it's paid. The little things that I'm asking for should not be a problem for a billion dollar company.

Per our conversation, we have gone above and beyond trying to settle this. We have in stock and are holding the following options for this customer. The options below are all based on tires that they at one point or another had requested and or discussed and we ordered specifically for them. Customer can choose one of them, We believe we have been more than fair.

option A. a set of four Hankook Optimo 215/65/16 2013 DOT tire 100K warranty/rated ( big upgrade ) and we take back the other two tires to put back in stock for a used car.

option B. Two Yokohama Avid 215/65/16 2014 DOT tires 60K warranty/rated and she can take them to be installed here ( at our cost) or somewhere of her choice but we will not pay for installion

option C. Two Yokohama Avid 205/65/16 2013 DOT tires 60K warranty/rated and she can take them to be installed here ( at our cost) or somewhere of her choice but we will not pay for installion.

Please Advise

First of all the major paint chip issue on the roof of my car was never addressed. I screen shot you the text between myself and *** ***. My car was in fact at the dealership and the issue was never taken care. That was proof that he in fact was going to do the repair and over looked it. So where do we stand on that? I would gladly take it somewhere and get an estimate. As far as the tire issue that goes as follows: Option A To take the set of 215/65/16 is the incorrect size for my car. After talking to several tire companies if I put those tires on my car it could do damage to my car. They advised me to stick to the original size.
Option B Two Yokohama Avid 215/65/16 with 2014 Dot. Once again the tires are the wrong size and you can not mix two different size tires and ratings.
Option C Two Yokohama Avid 205/65/16 2013 Dot have a 98h rating my tires are 2014 Dot with a 95h rating.

So if you order two more Yokohama Avid 205/65/16 2013 Dot with a 98h rating. I would have a complete set of 4 Yokohama Avid 205/65/16 2013 Dot rating 98h I would take those. I would take them to be installed at my cost. That is my answer to Option C.

07/31/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was told the in service date on the hyundai santa fe i bought was 5-20-14. I am owed a cargo tray and bumper guard. they have lied to me from 5-19-1
I bought a demo hyundai santa fe gls fwd from Crestmont hyundai. I asked the salesman ***** ******* when the in service warranty date started. He told me the day I take ownership which was 5-20-14. I never received the replacement bumper guard or cargo tray. I found out the in service warranty date was 12-02-13. I lost 5 months on the 5 year warranty. I never would of bought the car let alone paid them what i ended up paying. Losing 5 months of warranty for me is like buying a used car not a demo. It took them 6 weeks to provide me with a title and registration. They lied to me every time I called about the title, registration and in service warranty. I have filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney Generals office. I want to be reimbursed for the cargo tray, bumper guard and the dollar amount I should not have paid for this vehicle. I have never experienced this kind of treatment from any dealer. I have been buying cars since I was 18 and I am 70. I have bought many cars and demo's. this is not the first demo I have bought.Thid id the last vehicle I will buy from Crestmont. I will tell everyone I know not to buy from them. It has been a nightmare from the very first day. Lies lies lies and no communication. I have never heard from ***** Hawking and they fired the office person handling the paper work

I want a refund of $1782.00 and a extended warranty on the 4 1/2 years. I want 5 years and 60,000 miles. If they do not give me this I want all my money back which is $29,359.50. It is one or the other. I will go to court if everything else fails.

******************

Response to complaint # -***** *********
Mr. ********* purchased a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe on 5/20/14 from Crestmont Hyundai. The vehicle, as he acknowledged had over 6000 miles on it. Mr. ********* maintains that he was not aware and was lied to regarding the warranty start date. He also acknowledges prior conversations with **** *****, Crestmont Hyundai, General Manager, that he was properly informed that the warranty had already started regarding the mileage (meaning the balance remaining from the original in service mileage). This works the same way on the time (balance from the original in service date). The salesman in question states that he explained this properly. Mr. ******** notes that "he has been burned before"; I'm not clear what he means by this or how it relates to this transaction. According to Mr. ******** he purchased "demos" with mileage on the vehicles in the past. He agreed during our conversation over the phone that all of the manufactures that he has purchased from in the past, under the same circumstances worked the same way (remaining balance of the factory warranty both in service date and miles) this is generally offset, as in this case by the substantial discount that he received. When I asked him, "Why this would be any different?" he stated that "He thought Hyundai might be different."
I offered in good faith to give him an extended warranty backed by Hyundai, not by the dealership; that is in fact good at any Hyundai dealership nationwide, whether we are in business or not. He would be receiving a longer warranty than the one he would have received, that he is describing in his complaint. I called him and offered this to Mr. ******** again as gesture of good faith as there was clearly a misunderstanding.
Mr. ********* said that's all I wanted and I felt good about the conversation and doing the right thing by the customer. Approximately one hour later I received an email that he talked to his attorney and "he didn't get a good enough deal" and wanted the extended warranty plus $1,000 in the form of a certified check. I explained that we already agreed that I would provide the coverage he stated, that he wanted and would make him happy. Adding $1,000.00 was not something that would be justified, as we did not do anything wrong. Again, my salesman assures me that he did not say that the warranty date started the day he takes delivery. In light of these facts we still want to offer Mr. ********* a gesture of goodwill that is why we are still offering what he was originally asking for.
In regards to the bumper guard and cargo net, Mr. ********* had us remove the bumper guard as he complained of some sort of scratch or scuff. We do owe Mr. ********* a cargo net and will again in good faith provide a new bumper guard in addition to the cargo net. I asked him if he would prefer for us to send him these items or schedule a time to come in to have them installed for him. He said that he would come in, but has not scheduled a time as of yet.
On the claim of "6 weeks and several lies" regarding the title, and registration, I will simply refer to the facts. The car was purchased on 5/20/14 it was titled on 6/12/14 and registered on 6/16 well within the 30days required. We also delivered the documents to his home after he complained about the time and that an employee told him an earlier projected date for delivery.
We will still stand behind our offer to Mr. ********* but as you can see from our attachments, that everything has been well documented and we believe that we have and will continue to act in good faith towards all of our clients. We are working diligently to satisfy this customer and feel strongly that we are being more than fair.

I salesman lied to me 3 times because I asked 3 times what date does the 5 year warranty start. All 3 times he said the date I take ownership one time my wife was sitting there. I have bought demo's before but Hyundai warranty is different from most other mfg. so I believed the saleman. What is wrong in believing the sales person you are talking to. I have notes indicating the date I was told. I was told the car was never in a accident and never had any service outside of the oil change. I do not believe this I want a car fax now. Why would I write down 5-20-14 on my notes. Ask my wife if you do not believe me. The sales person knew I would not buy the car if it did not come with the 5 years because I told him I would not. I explained to him 2 different situations I had experienced buying cars. One was the dealer wanted to extend the warranty they went out of business in 3 months i did not buy the car. The other was when they told after I bought the car the in service warranty already started. Now do you see why I ask this question?? The salesman is nothing but a liar. I have a witness who does he have not his integrity that is for sure. I will file a law suite if you do not believe me. I know what was said and he knows because I told him I would not buy the car without 5 years on the warranty. I would never have bought the car for $27,000 under these circumstances. It becomes a used car once you reduce the warranty. My attorney told me not to accept just the extended warranty because I would not of bought the car. If they want I will give them there car back for a full refund. I will not be happy owning this car knowing someone screwed me.They have lied from the beginning. Asked them about the office clerk that lied about my title and plate registration. I know I am not the first one to file a complaint against crestmont.

Again- we are offering goodwill of a Hyuundai backed warranty ( Not our own warranty) of an additional year which is more than what he would have received based on his complaint? We demonstrated that the title and registration was done in a timely manner (not 6 weeks as originally claimed). I have also attached the Car fax per the request.

10/15/2012Problems with Product / Service
08/24/2012Advertising / Sales Issues

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Dealers - Used Cars