Weed Patrol

11/05/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Routine treatment resulted in major portion of front/back yard being killed/damaged.
9-11-2013, routine treatment of weed control and/or fertilizers were applied to our yard by Weed patrol technician. Within a week the yard began turning and eventually resulted in large dead areas with our back yard being almost totally damaged. We called to ask for their help to stop the problem and possibly reverse but they refuse to return any calls. Receptionist reports during one of our NUMEROUS calls to them that the owner **** ****** is receiving our messages and she "does not know why" he won't return our calls. She stated she talked with the person who treated the yard and he stated we did in fact have a gorgeous yard and wasn't sure what had happened. We have given Mr ****** almost a month now to respond and meet with us to look at our yard but he continues to ignore us. Not even the courtesy of one phone call has been returned. I did however, receive a bill for the services of killing my yard in the mail recently! We had the absolute nicest yard on our block and that was a result of lots of very hard work on our part to make it that way, as well as the expense of doing so. I obviously put my trust into a company who's owner is a very scrupulous person and only out to make a buck. The Better Business Bureau should not have this company associated with its logo. It was misleading for me and will be for other property owners that this person will do damage too and ignore!

I expect a personal phone call from Mr. ******. I also expect him to meet with my husband and myself at our home and estimate the damage. I expect him to pay a REPUTABLE person or company to make the necessary replacement to our satisfaction.

Mrs. ****** did leave a message asking that I inspect her property do to her yard having some discoloring after treatment, I did in fact go to the property there was no access to the back yard so as I walked around the property looking at the yard I noticed on the north side of the residence some tires piled up against the fence so stepped up on them to see over the fence into the back yard. I am sorry for the failure to return the call I was out of town for a week when all of this started and after I viewed the property I told my receptionist what was going on and typically she will call customers and tell the result of my inspections. I am willing to re-inspect the property and do what is necessary to re-establish said dead turf areas.

I'm not sure who he has made this "offer to come out" too as we cannot even get a call back from this person. We asked that he call us to meet him at our home to look at the damage and discuss what could be done. TO THIS DATE he has not made one single phone call to us to try to resolve this issue!!! I am not sure how to say it to make it clear to this person that peeking over a fence while we are away is NOT the correct way to handle this issue. We are now approaching 2 months with NO PHONE CALL at all from Mr. ******. What needs to be done to get my yard repaired? How are we supposed to work out something if he doesn't even have the common decency to make a phone call. I really don't think that is too much to ask of a business owner. We have made repeated phone calls to him all of which he ignores so my calling him again will do no good. I will again ask that he call my husband and myself to MEET HIM at our home not have him peek over my fence. He has our numbers. We will wait to hear from him. As far as the comment he made regarding he will "do as he said in his prior response" i suppose i am confused since i saw nothing previously that stated what he would do. He can make all the offers he wants but until he actually does what he says that means nothing. I will await a call to schedule a meeting with him at our property.

Well I am NOT going to lower myself to argue and bash someone over an honest mistake that has been blow WAY out of proportion, Mrs. ****** has made every attempt possible to degrade and cut me down there for WHY would I call her, so she belittle me over the phone. I will refund the 4 services she has paid for this year and we are done!!!

10/09/2014Problems with Product / Service