Ray's Transmission & Auto Repair

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

11/30/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Rays Transmission shop repaired transmission and charged $3400 dollars. Gave a 12 month 12000 mi warranty. Drove 800 miles, transmission broke.
Ray's Transmission repaired transmission on truck and charged $3400.00 and gave a 12 month 12000 mi warranty. Paid with debt card in full. Drove 800 miles and transmission broke. Had towed to another transmission shop in Tuscon Az. They said rays work caused more damage. Had to pay $4300.00 to repair transmission. Tried to contact Rays Transmission shop for reimbursement and he refused to talk. Will not get on the phone and has his secretary take care of the matter. I am from Oklahoma. My job requires that I travel to different states. Rays Transmission in Abilene Tx will not talk to me or the Transmission shop in Tuscon Az about making things right. Not good business.

I feel that Rays Transmission shop should reimburse the $3400.00 that he was paid for the transmission repair that failed. He gave a 12 month, 12000 mile warranty. Drove 800 miles and transmission failed.

Mr. ******* called on Wed. the 28th. I was out of town that day. I have talked to the shop in Arizona. First they said it was electrical. Then after that they said it was internal. They then said that the electrical problem could have caused the internal problem.
When Justin (MR *******'s son) first called with a problem my secretary told him to get it checked out. At that time the truck was operational. Justin continued driving the truck until it quit all together. If the truck was seen after sooner it may have caused any internal damage.
When I returned to the shop on the 29th I called Mr. ******* and explained to him that his son only had a local warranty. Which means he was supposed to bring the truck back to us for any repairs. This was explained to his son before he ever left with the truck. I realize that sometimes that is not possible but he would have turned around and headed back we may could have repaired it here at no added cost to Mr. *******.
That said, I told Mr. ******* that I would do something. At this time I do not what that is going to be until the other shop or Mr. ******* sends me the diag. report.
If Mr. ******* wants to deal with me directly he will have to be a little patient. I also take care of 2 other business's.

Have had NO positive results from *** ******** at Ray's Transmission & Auto. He has not made any attempt to make any kind of refund to stand behind his so called local warranty. A warranty is a warranty? It would not have been feasible to tow the vehicle 1000 miles back to his shop after the transmission failed. The transmission failed completely, so the vehicle could not be driven back to his shop. Mr. ******** has all the necessary paper work from Atlas Transmission in Tucson AZ, where it was repaired. Atlas Transmission found that what Ray's Transmission repair failed and caused more damage to the transmission. A new GM transmission was installed at a cost of $4,443.59. Ray's Transmission & Auto was paid $3400.00 for the repairs that failed. Ray has made no effort to make any refund and stand behind his warranty. I am not satisfied with the results.

I have told Mr. *******'s son that I would refund 800.00 back to them, even though I do not believe anything that Atlas has said or done. When I ask for pictures of any damage or metal in the system they have not come up with anything. I will refund 800.00 to **** ******* once they agree to the amount and that any and all future warranty claims must go through Atlas Transmission.
Since the repair was done for Josh, he must be the one that agrees to these terms.

Have tried many times to contact Rays Transmission about any kind of refund. He refuses to return any calls. Have emailed him, no reply. Makes me wonder how he stays in business treating his customers like this. His warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on.

11/07/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

they put a part on my car that didnt fix it and it is doing the same thing it did before i took it and charge me 400.00$ to fix it and i took it to have a computer scan and the part they put on is still coming up not working and my transmission done got worst now plus i went to another place to have it checked out and they told me they should have scan my computer to find out what is causing it instead of putting on the part then saying that not the problem and now they saying it is some wiring problem and wont to charge me more money to check it plus also the mechanic put the part on test drove the car then came back and said its still doing the same thing and every time i took my car back up there they keep telling me bring it back cause they had other cars to work on plus i done miss work and have to pay people to take me to work

i just want them to discard the bill and i dont want to have deal with them no more cause they didnt know what they was doing from the start

We did put a sol. pack on Mr. ******** car and it did not fix it. We also have NOT charged Mr. ******** for anything. We still have his check here and have on many occasion tried to contact him to bring his car back so we can take off the part , put his back on and give him his check back. But Mr. ******** will not respond back to any of our calls. If or when he brings it back we will change out the part at no charge.

I will go to my car dealership and get the part to take back to them im still unsatified with them cause they cause my transmission to get worst and now its causing me more money

Transmissions - Automobile