Enchilada Express

11/12/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I ordered 2 soups 2 small salads-both items had very little food! 2 drinks which came out to 23.00 and I noticed on my back account I was charged
I was charged 28.00 which is against the law! The food was crummy! It was not good nor did they give you very much! Not worth 23.00 and especially the extra 5.00 THEY tagged onto! This is unacceptable and AGAINST THE LAW!

They gave me my 5.00 back but they should have reimbursed me for the entire amount!!!! Not acceptable and will NOT eat there at ALL!!!!

We will always refund a customers money if they are unsatisfied with the product they received.
This customer never informed us that they were unsatisfied with their purchase on the date of the purchase. We cannot resolve an issue with a customer if we are not aware of an issue.

Two days later the customer walks in our back door while we are closed and informs me that there was a discrepancy with the amount that was charged. The card was supposed to be charged $23.75 but was closed out to $28.57. A difference of $4.82.

When we watch our security cameras we notice that the customer inspects every item in the bag by taking it out and looking inside all the boxes. Upon leaving the customer grabs and takes all three of our receipts. The merchant copy which is the ticket we use to properly close out credit cards was missing.

The error appears to have occurred in regards to the $4.82 discrepancy as a result of 1) Not having our merchant copy 2) Employee that helped customer was in training and unintentional errors can occur during this time; with multiple open checks, similar totals, similar reference numbers, etc. I tried to explain this to the customer but would not listen to anything I said. Customer firmly believes that we charge everyone an additional $4.82 after they leave, Which is clearly not the case here. Not having our merchant receipt and an employee in training on a busy day caused the issue.

Resolution:
We have refunded all of the customers money.

Wow! Working with crooks! If you can look at your security cameras correctly... I inspected my food and asked the manager on duty if the salad and soup I ordered were the correct amount. The salad looked like garnish and the soup was not even to the top and I addressed that to the manager on duty. I WAS UNSATISFIED with the purchase but the response I got was, "yes, that is our SMALL (more like lettuce and tomato garnish) salad and BOWL of soup (more like a cup)". The reason why I came in two days later was because I noticed on my bank account that they charged me almost $5.00 more! That is unacceptable and illegal! They had the copy of the receipt I signed for a take out order in which I was not about to give them a tip for the amount of food I received nor the service I received. If you would so dare look at the security cameras, you can see that the young girl that they say is "in training" could NOT locate my tickets and the manager at the register that was "taking care" of me told the young girl, "it does not matter just get her food out to her." I had been waiting for some time! When I went in the next morning, after I had noticed the charge on my bank account (because I was told the manager at that store would be in at 10 and that should have never happened) to show them the complaint after speaking to a female manager that night once I noticed the charge on my bank account, the manager over the store kept saying it was a mistake on our part. I'm sure it was just a mistake because mistakes are made. He then ONLY gave me $5.00 to reimburse me for the illegal amount of tip added to my account. I told him then that it was ridiculous to be charged $23.00 for the amount of food I received and HE DID NOTHING AT THAT POINT TO REIMBURSE ME FOR THE FOOD. I told him I was going to turn them in to the BBB and here we are. The amount was not reimbursed until this was done and sent to them. Also, It was reimbursed on Saturday to MY ACCOUNT SO THEY HAD A RECIEPT with my account information on the receipt. So, no this response IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! I will not give my money to a place of business that is deceitful in their practices. The manager that responded is not being honest nor has integrity. I would invite this restaurant to allow the BBB to review the security cameras for themselves and see that I did in fact inspect and question the food that day. I would also invite the BBB to inquire of the female manager that I talked to the night I recognized the incorrect amount on my account. I would love to show the BBB the incorrect funds and also show where the entire amount was LATER refunded AFTER a 3nd complaint (the day I got the food, the day I questioned them about the altered amount on my account and the complaint made to the BBB) was made but only UNTIL it was made with the BBB did they reimburse. I will never step foot into this establishment and I will encourage others to not do the same because I do not believe a person should have to go to this extent to get good service in Abilene. I have many other places that I trust and know will serve their patrons in a trustworthy and honest manner way.

The customer only asked for the difference in return. Which we politely gave her back. The customer never mentioned wanting a full refund when she returned to the store two days later. The customer still complained after leaving the store with all the items she personally inspected.

Customer agrees that mistakes do happen, so therefore we both understand what happened.
We have refunded the customer the total amount she spent with us plus and additional five dollars that she was originally overcharged.

Well do anything that we can for our customers, and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Enchilada Express