Alford's Home Repair

02/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Beginning one month ago, I paid, ***** ******* $2,225 to repair the separating rafters in my attic, put down insulation; then, replace my electric stove top and dryer w/gas top range & dryer.My complaint is that during this month-long contract (Dec 18, 2014-Jan 17, 2015), Bruce Alford and his helper, ****, have only worked a total of six hours in my home. They worked four hrs on X-XX-XX and two hrs on 1-16-15; and, finished securing/bracing the rafters.Last week, I told ***** ******* that I am tired of his excuses & waiting for the work to be done; and, I further told him if he couldn't get the work done by the end of next week (Jan 18th), I want my money returned; I'll get someone else. After that telephone conversation, ***** promised that he would get everything done by the end of the week.After working two hrs on 1-16-15, they quit working for the day; and, ***** went to a doctor appointment; saying that he & **** would be back, to work all day, in the morning (X-XX-XX).Today is Saturday, Jan 17th; and, I have received no word from ***** *******
Product_Or_Service: install insulation/change stove top & dryer to

I want $1,000, returned to me; so I can hire someone to convert electric range & dryer into gas and install stove stop, dryer, kitchen; and, lay insulation in attic.14 insulation rolls @ $16 = $224 (approx not subtracting his discount)gas pipe for kitchen = $100 (approx not subtracting his discount)gas range & dryer = $900 (approx not subtracting his discount)-------------------------------- $1224 (approximate Bruce Alford spent on materials)

Contractors - General