J & R Body Shop/Wrecker Service

09/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

J and R truck and trailer repair Mr. ****** ***** owner was paid the full amount of $24,350.98 for the repairs, parts and labor on my semi truck 2009 Peterbilt., The truck has been in the shop since March 29th of 2014 till August 11th 2014 after several trips to his shop following his phone calls that the truck was repair on August 11th 2014 the truck was still not repaired when I requested that he should go and buy the one part (Hood), that he claimed to be holding the repairs. He Mr. ****** ***** simply response was that he had use the funds for his personal "Venture". He was paid the amount of $24,350.98 for the repairs of the unit and not for his personal "Venture" as he stated.

Refund the full amount of the stolen insurance money. $24,380.98.

11/19/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My semi truck broke down on 10/24/13. Truck supposed to be fixed by 10/26/13. Mechanic is not replying to our phone calls & not showing up to shop.
Our semi truck broke down on 10/24/13 in Abilene, TX. We called J & R and ****** showed up at truck stop. He then took a look at truck and asked us to drive truck to his location. Later that day he told us it looked like it was a transmission issue and asked me to meet him at his shop the next morning, 10/25, at 9am. The next morning we finally got a hold of him at 1pm when he decided to show up to his shop. That same afternoon I read bad reviews about this place of business so we tried to have truck towed out of his location however, ****** advised us we owed him almost $1400 worth of work bed according to him he worked on truck for 13 hours. Which was not true. He maybe worked on it for 2 - 3 hours at the most. This meant we had to leave truck there and have it repaired by him because we did not have that kind of $ to throw away.. He told us that we needed to purchase a re-manufactured transmission. I found one in Dallas for $3650 plus taxes (free delivery); He quoted us $4250 for a transmission plus tax and plus freight which totaled $4900. And I told us that if we did not buy part from his supplier that he would not make this job his priority or guarantee it. So again, we were forced to do it his way and purchase part from his supplier... He asked me to pay CASH for the part upfront. I told him that was not acceptable so thankfully, we were able to purchase it directly through his supplier, T n T Truck Parts. Part was delivered to J&R at 11pm on 10/25. ****** told us that if we paid the extra freight to have it there Friday night he would have truck repaired by 10/26/13. On 10/26 he showed up to work on truck and late that afternoon told me to be at his shop the next morning (10/27) at 10am. He never showed up or answered his phone all day on 10/27.

This morning (10/28) he called back and told us he might get to his shop by 11am and that truck might be ready today or tomorrow. At this point we dont know what to believe and after reserching on the internet saw he had an F score w/ the BBB along w/ bad reviews others had left. In addition, his place of business is a body shop and not a mechanic shop.

I called the police in Abiline, TX however, they suggested I contact the BBB or an attorney. We dont know how this man is even in business. What he has done to us or how he has acted towards us should not be acceptable in the USA. He does not even accept credit cards... We will have to pay him cash for the labor charges in the amount of $1500.00. And we are scared he does not even know what he is doing. Is he even a mechanic? We are in such a bad position and are just helpless.

He over charged us because of the position we were in. There was another truck that had the same issue as our truck... We ran into the driver at the truck stop and he took it to another repair shop and paid $3300 for the part plus $1200 in labor. I dont think he has charged us fairly because when I called other repair shops in the area they quoted us around $1200 for the labor and much less for the re-bulit transmission. And I would have taken it to the other repair shops however, J & R wanted me to pay almost $1400 just for ****** to look at it.

Auto Body Repair & Painting